Women's Refuge Pants - Graphite by Showers Pass
Women's Refuge Pants - Graphite by Showers PassAsk us a question
TAKE REFUGE FROM THE NASTIEST WEATHER
Made with Showers Pass highest performing Elite waterproof breathable fabric the Refuge Pant will keep you comfortable whether you are on a long distance touring trip or grueling commute.
Take refuge from the nastiest weather! Made with the highest performing Elite waterproof breathable fabric the Refuge Pant will keep you comfortable whether you are on a long distance touring trip or grueling commute. Plenty of reflective trim keeps you visible from all angles, while a reinforced seat stands up to centuries in the saddle. Bottom line, these are high performance rain pants.
- Fully seam taped, 3-Layer Elite™ waterproof-breathable hardshell fabric for exceptional breathability and total weather protection
- Durable reinforced seat is perforated for breathability
- Thigh vents prevent overheating
- Articulated knees with reflective accents
- YKK Aquaguard Vislon water-resistant zippers
- Reflective trims for low light visibility
- Hook and loop cinch straps keep pant legs away from chain and crank
- Ankle zips for easy on-off over shoes
- Thigh pocket is accessible while on the bike
- Suspender compatible
Appropriate Washing + A Little TLC = Rain Gear Long Life
Showers Pass products are of the highest quality available on the market, but failure to properly care for even the best outerwear can cause it to die an untimely death. Here are some tips to prolonging the life of your waterproof outerwear.
- Wash your gear! Pollutants like dirt, sweat, road grime, and sunscreen can gunk up zippers (causing them to stick or break), and cause waterproof membranes to deteriorate. We generally recommend that daily commuters wash their jackets once a month or so. Machine wash on the gentle cycle, with COLD water and hang dry. We recommend using liquid detergent, because powders can leave a residue if they do not dissolve completely. Avoid products with fabric softeners or bleach. Nikwax Tech Wash works great for their gear.
- Do not expose to excessive heat. Seam tape can fall apart in a dryer, and it is not a pretty sight. Excessive heat (even a car dashboard in the summer) can also cause multi-layered waterproof fabrics to delaminate.
- Store with care. Just because a garment can stuff into its own pocket or stuff sack does not mean it wants to live that way all the time. Hang it up or lay it flat between uses; and make sure it dries completely.
- Be kind to your zippers. We sometimes use 2-way zippers for venting, and water-resistant zippers to keep you extra dry. Both of these features can make the zippers harder to operate. Please be gentle with them. In our experience, yanking on them repeatedly will only make them angry. For the occasional extra-sticky spot, we’ve found that regular pencil graphite rubbed on the zipper’s teeth is a good lubricant. (Just don’t wear it over a white shirt that day!)
- Spot treat stains. If you have a really tough stain, spot cleaning with liquid dish detergent can help. Never use bleach or harsh chemicals to clean your jacket. To protect the interior of a jacket from stains, be sure to wash new shirts, jerseys and arm warmers before wearing them underneath your jacket to prevent colors from depositing onto the lining.
- Perk up your DWR. The DWR (Durable Water Repellant) finish on the outside of a fabric is what makes the water bead and roll off. Over time it will begin to wear or wash off. Don’t despair. Look for spray-on treatments made for waterproof-breathable fabrics like NikWax TX Direct Spray on Treatment to perk up the DWR. This maximizes the ability of the waterproof-breathable membrane inside the fabric to do its job
SIZE GUIDE: HERE
- USA only